Most people we know have a satiable appetite for smartphone storage. However, with passage of time, as file sizes continue to grow and the downward trend of microSD cards, it is difficult not to lose your sleep over meager 16 GB internal memory. If you happen to fall under this category too, then Asus’s 256 GB “Deluxe Edition” of Zenfone 2 is for you.
Getting it also means freedom from the restraints of a microSD. Not all your data can be stored on expandable storage on Android, and that front has been well-covered. Other than that, the Zenfone 2 comes with a special “premium-crafted polygonal design”.
Apart from that, the phone remains one with a respectable feature set. It is also the world’s first smartphone to come with 4 GB worth RAM memory. At the front is a 5.5” display with 1080p resolution and Gorilla Glass 3. Under the hood, you get a 2.5 Ghz 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 octa-core processor with PowerVR G6430 GPU.
There is a duo of 13 and 5 megapixel cameras for the back and front. Connectivity options include Cat.6 LTE, Dual-SIM connectivity, GPS and Wi-Fi. A 3,000 mAh battery can be found around the back, with Boostmaster fast charging also supported. The Zenfone 2 runs on Android Lollipop with Zen UI customization.
It will be available in the coming few months. Pricing details are unknown as of now.
Asus Zenfone 2 Deluxe Edition Specifications:
- CPU: x86 octa-core with PowerVR G6430 GPU
- Chipset: 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580
- OS: Android Lollipop with Zen UI
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE (Cat.6); Dual-SIM
- Design: Premium-crafted polygonal design
- 5” 1080p with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal: 256 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: 13 megapixel, f/2.0, LED Flash
- Secondary: 5 megapixel
- Connectivity: LTE Cat.6, Dual-SIM, GPS, Wi-Fi, microUS
- Battery: 3,000 mAh, Boostmaster charging supported